COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT:
The Coaches Code of Conduct at all levels within in GTSC shall be:
- Teach players to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
- Ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing time.
- Will not ridicule or yell at players for making mistakes or for performing poorly. Remember that children play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- Remember that children need a coach they can respect. Be generous with praise and set a good example
- You want every child’s experience in sport to be positive
- You want to win, but you also want to emphasize the importance of skill development and fun; and,
- We believe that fair play can and should be taught
What is Fair Play?
- Integrity, fairness and respect - these are the principles of fair play. And since children learn best by seeing and doing, sport offers an excellent opportunity to teach fair play in a way that is both effective and fun.
- If children see all the members on the team being given a turn, they will learn to treat people equally and fairly.
- If children learn the importance of rules in a game, they will learn to respect and value the rules in society.
- If children are regarded for playing fairly, they will learn the value of honesty and integrity.